Tuesday 24 January 2012

Luna Kafe reviews, 2006

My first review of 2006, a demo by Melbourne-based instrumental rock trio Tarcutta, is an exciting one for me. Three years later, Hidden Shoal, the label I co-manage, had the privilege of releasing Tarcutta's debut album. Mid-year I also reviewed Glassacre's Slow Attack EP, which first established my friendship with Hidden Shoal's Cam Merton. Later in the year saw reviews of further Hidden Shoal releases by My Majestic Star, Dilatazione and Slow Dancing Society, which sadly proved my last - you can't get away with reviewing releases on your own label!

And, would you believe it, there are two more reviews of Because Of Ghosts live. Ridiculous.

Tarcutta, demo

Slowdive, Just For A Day, Souvlaki, Pygmalion (remastered)

Deerhoof, Northcote Social Club, Melbourne, 10.2.06

Seven Mile Journey, The Journey Studies

Pivot + Because Of Ghosts, Northcote Social Club, Melbourne, 18.3.06

Mafia Horse Connection, demo

Xiu Xiu + Because Of Ghosts, Northcote Social Club, Melbourne, 21.4.06

Interkosmos, Invasion Warning, London Mix, Proximity

David Anderson, Collage

Wilderness, Vessel States

The Necks, Chemist

Glassacre, Slow Attack EP and Monocle, Lounge Act EP

Griddle, Klimty Favela

Wolf & Cub + The Mercy Arms + Mountains In The Sky, East Brunswick Club, Melbourne, 16.9.06

All India Radio, Echo Other

Tortoise, A Lazarus Taxon

Mahogany, Connectivity!

Yo La Tengo, I Am Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your Ass

Q & A with Mahogany's Andrew Prinz

My Majestic Star, Ideas Are The Answer

Weltraum, Traum/Trauma EP

Treelo, Esta EP

Animal Collective + Oren Ambarchi, The Corner, Melbourne, 6.11.06

Under Byen, Samme Stof Som Stof

Dilatazione, Too Emotional For Maths

Slow Dancing Society, The Sound Of Lights When Dim

No comments:

Post a Comment